Re: Tooltips on w32 slow and strange

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Tooltips on w32 slow and strange
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:59:46 +0100

Ideally there shouldn't be a need to customize the appearance of
tooltips.  It would be desirable if Emacs "simply" used tooltips
provided by the toolkit it was configured for (in case the toolkit
supports tooltips).  This would, for example, also eliminate the need
to re-customize their appearance in case one changes the theme of a
themeable toolkit.

But I guess there are more pressing things to do for the next
release.

Actually this has been talked about before, as part of Emacs and GTK/Gnome integration. I did some modifiactions to have Emacs use GTK tooltips when built for GTK, I guess I have that patch lying around somewhere. I'll try to get it in after this release.

        Jan D.