Re: configure.in/darwin: remove fink dependency?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: configure.in/darwin: remove fink dependency?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:20:46 -0500

> In configure.in, for powerpc-apple-darwin, I believe that "using fink
> packages if available" should be removed.  There is no use for that (as far
> as I know?) since the needed packages (I think it's only ncurses) are part
> of the normal development environment.
[...]
> Note the question mark in the subject.  Anyone think this should be
> kept there?

Well, I added this code specifically to find some extra libs, not
for ncurses.  I can't remember exactly which libs I cared about but IIRC
there was Xaw3d (used for the scrollbar) as well some image libs.
There could also be gtk libs there for people who want to build with gtk.

AFAIK the reasons I added the code are still valid.  Maybe this only makes
sense for the X11 build and not for the Carbon build, I wouldn't know (I
only build it for X11).

        Stefan