Re: grep /dev/null

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: grep /dev/null
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:41:05 -0500

This change looks reasonable to me.  Does anyone see a problem with it?

    2005-02-09  Kevin Rodgers  <address@hidden>

            * progmodes/compile.el (compilation-disable-input): New option.
            (compilation-start): If it's non-nil, send an EOF to the process.

However, the code in compilation-start should test the argument COMINT.

This led me to note something confusing in the doc string of
compilation-start.

      "Compile the program including the current buffer.  Default: run `make'.
    Runs COMMAND, a shell command, in a separate process asynchronously
    with output going to the buffer `*compilation*'.

    If optional second arg COMINT is t the buffer will be in Comint mode with
    `compilation-shell-minor-mode'.

    You can then use the command \\[next-error] to find the next error message
    and move to the source code that caused it.

The third paragraph appears to relate only to the case where COMINT is t.
But I think it actually applies regardless of the value of COMINT.
Am I missing something?