autoloading of defvaralias possible?

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: autoloading of defvaralias possible?
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:14:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

The reason i ask if autoloading of an defvaralias is possible is
because of the new variable disabled-command-function and its
obsoleted alias disabled-command-hook.  I used to (setq
disabled-command-hook nil) in my .emacs.  With CVS emacs this does no
longer work because at the time .emacs is loaded the alias is unknown
to emacs.  Would it be possible and desirable to add this alias to
autoload? I think it would be nice not to break such things..

Thanks,
Stephan

PS:
Just in case someone ran into the same problem.. i try to keep my
.emacs as version independent as possible and this is what i came up
with:

(or (and (boundp 'disabled-command-function)
         (setq disabled-command-function nil))
    (and (boundp 'disabled-command-hook)
         (setq disabled-command-hook nil)))
--