Re: strange emacs 21.4 on ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/emacs

From: Juan LEON Lahoz Garcia
Subject: Re: strange emacs 21.4 on ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/emacs
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:54:25 +0100

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:59:15 +0100, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juan LEON Lahoz Garcia <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > It seems that, (I supposse) due some error, a emacs 21.4 is in
> > ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/.
> >
> > The file seems like a 21.3 version, but some sites (like distrowatch)
> > that uses script to check latest versions are reporting 21.4 as out.
> >
> > Am I wrong?
>
> Yes, you are.  according to the diffs, we have

I am sorry. I was confused by the fact that NEWS file was unchanged
and because I thank 21.4 was meant to contain all new development done
last years.

[ Anyway, at least I was very happy between the 1.5 minute interval
between I read the announce in distrowatch and I downloaded the new
version and opened the NEWS file ;-) ]

Regards
juanleon