Re: customize-rouge output with emacs -q --no-site-file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: customize-rouge output with emacs -q --no-site-file
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:39:47 -0500

      For
    instance, I have before-save-hook set through Custom.  This is
    currently not a rogue variable, no problem.  But whenever somebody
    would, say fix a bug or implement a new feature by adding a function
    to before-save-hook, my Emacs will not see it.  My .emacs will
    override it.

We could record customizations of such variables with instructions
of elements to add.  (And perhaps, also, elements to remove.)