Re: Some xterm-256color face colors too bright?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Some xterm-256color face colors too bright?
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:21:13 +0900

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:28:09 +0200, stktrc <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, if that is the case I must have sub-pixel rendering enabled
> on the CRT machine, which does not sound sensible (I have assumed it
> would only be automatically enabled for LCDs).  It might be possible
> that it is enabled there anyway.

xft does both sub-pixel rendering and anti-aliasing; the former only
makes sense on LCDs, but the latter is fine for either.

The effect of either on brightness depends on the fonts of course.

To be honest this all sounds so completely
installation/setting-specific that I'm not sure there's much Emacs can
do, other than make customizing things as easy as possible.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.