Re: Bug 130397 (Was: Emacs - Ispell problem with i[no]german dictionary)

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Bug 130397 (Was: Emacs - Ispell problem with i[no]german dictionary)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:16:33 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Agustin Martin <address@hidden> writes:

> (Handa, your patch worked better than I thought, read below)

Thank you, that's a good news.

> Also Kenichi Handa provided us with a patch to ensure that all equivalent
> accented chars are mapped to the same char, if available under different
> encodings, so are not considered as word boundaries if spell-checkable,
> but I still got misalignment errors with it. This would however fixed
> the word boundaries problem for a iso-8859-15 buffer using a iso-8859-1
> dict.

> But I have just noticed that if I add coeur (with oe-1char) to
> the french dict (ifrench, it contained only the oe-2char version) the
> misalignment errors disappear (I only tested with coeur, do not know which
> other words have the same char although I guess that most the oeu)

Sorry I don't understand.  What is oe-1char?  U+0153 or
U+0276?  But, neither of them are not included in
iso-8859-1/iso-8859-15?   And, I have no idea why adding
coeur (with oe-1char) to the dictionary solves the
misalignment error.  Is it because of ispell's bug?

> So, patch from Kenichi Handa seems to work well for sid emacs21, much better
> than I thought. However it uses code that has only been recently added to
> emacs21, and things that are not available for xemacs or emacs20.

Then, how about using your workaround for them, and enable
my patch for an emacs that has
ucs-mule-8859-to-mule-unicode?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA