Re: push and pop

From: JD Smith
Subject: Re: push and pop
Date: 09 Jan 2005 10:53:55 -0700

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 08:34, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     I think the confusion for me and lots of others: many installs (like
>     Fedora/Red Hat) include site-start stuff that does (or did) a (require
>     'cl) somewhere.
>
> Changing Emacs that way is not a good idea.  If people come across
> these in the future, would you please complain to the maintainers
> of those distros?

I should point out that this has since been fixed in recent Fedora
releases, which is why I encountered the new behavior in the first
place.  Is there a technical reason the subr push and pop can't behave
like the cl versions?  I suspect they're the most commonly used of the
cl macros, and it's confusing to have similarly named macros with
different behavior.

JD