Crashes in Emacs 21.3.1 related to the regexp engine?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Crashes in Emacs 21.3.1 related to the regexp engine?
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:00:29 +0100

For a long time I have seen several crashes in Emacs on MS Windows when
doing a lot of work with regular expressions. It might be a coincidence, but
I no longer believe so.

Today I tried to get a reg exp working but could not find the error. Then
Emacs crashed and I just restarted Emacs and now suddenly everything worked
as I expected. I have seen this before too.

I have hesitated to tell about this because I do not know if it has been
corrected and I am using the old Emacs (21.3.1, downloaded full bin dist). I
decided to tell this anyway, since the problem is not very easy to show. Is
this a known problem? Is it a problem with Emacs? (Could be my computer.)