Emacs installer for w32 - please test!

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Emacs installer for w32 - please test!
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 03:03:47 +0100

I think that the installer for w32 (ms windows) is now in a state where it
should be tested. If You are using ms windows and would like to try I would
be glad. You can find it through EmacsWiki:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WThirtyTwoInstallationKit

As I have previously said this can be done with your current installation of
Emacs. In fact that is what you have to do at the moment, since I do not
provide the version that includes Emacs itself for download.

I have rewritten much and tried to follow the remarks and intentions I have
found here on the developers list. I have now tried to make minimal
deviation from a "default Emacs installation" (a thing that actually does
not exist on MS Windows at the moment since you have to do some things after
unpacking Emacs to get it working!). Please however notice the following:

1) I append some lines to site-start.el. These loads a file that adds an
entry to the menus: "Options - Options Related to W32 Feeling".

2) Gnuserv is started automatically if you start Emacs with the command file
emacs.cmd (written at installation) or from Windows Explorer (some of the
short cuts added).