Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:44:11 -0600 (CST)

Drew Adams wrote (talking about "Show initial Lisp expression " in Custom):

   However, that seems to show the _initial expression_ (written in the code),
   which is not the same as the current value of the variable. I still don't
   see any way to obtain the current value as a sexp, without using `C-h v'.

I did not look at the source code, but from experimentation, it
appears that the _saved_ value is shown.  (Or the default value if
there is no saved value.)  A value set for the current session only is
ignored.  I do not know the motivation for this behavior.  I never
noticed, because I seldom use Custom to set something for the current
session only.

As Reiner pointed out, I forgot about `custom-unlispify-tag-names'.

Sincerely,

Luc.