Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?

From: LENNART BORGMAN
Subject: Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:07:54 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>

> Here are my suggested changes for `custom-file'.  Most of them are
> documentation changes.
>
> The patches keep the defcustom.  However, the user wanting to
> customize it through Custom gets an emphatic warning in the Custom
> buffer, that is nearly impossible to overlook, when he chooses "File"
> from the "Value Menu".

This is fine except for two smaller points:

1) I think that custom-file should not be saved to "the custom file" because of
the problems we discussed before when renaming or copying this file. Is there
any reason to save custom-file? Could it not just be removed before the actual
saving?

2) I believe some "prompt screen" should be shown when custom-file is removed
as above.

- Lennart