Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:05:29 +0000 (UTC)

Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> asks,

    I'm distributing a program I wrote, with each file saying it comes
    under GPL and the GPL text in `COPYING'.  Is this explicit enough?

No.  I do not know whether you are connected to an employer or
university who owns your work.

You may not have the legal rights either to distribute or to claim a
copyright on work done on your own time using only your own resources.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8