Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation for custom-file - is not (load custom-file) needed?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:56:47 -0500

    I believe that nearly every user of Emacs has some specialized
    (i.e. obscure and unusual) needs of one form or the other.

I don't think so, but even if it were true, the relevant question is
what fraction have done made some sort of peculiar customization
*in this very spot*.  The number who have done so *anywhere in Emacs*
is not relevant.

    (3) Tell people who want to customize `custom-file' to put:

        (setq custom-file "~/mycustom.el")
        (load custom-file)

        in their .emacs (or something more complex for version specific
        customization).

Ok, I am convinced on this point.  This is not much extra work for the
user, and the added reliability is worth imposing the small extra work.

Would you like to implement these changes?