Re: `inhibit-mark-movement'

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: `inhibit-mark-movement'
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:55:54 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> It sounds like a good change.  Stefan, are you convinced?
>
> Not really, but I don't think my opinion should have any special value here.
> I'm after all not the typical user and I'm biased because I've gotten used
> to the current behavior.  If people like it, go for it.  I might even end up
> liking it as well, who knows.

I noticed that in one half of situations I needed to start a new
region with M-C-SPC, in another half to extend the active region.
But while starting a new region is easy after C-g or C-SPC, extending
the existing region was not possible at all.  It is too inconvenient
to start from scratch when the last command was not M-C-SPC, and to
repeat a sequence of M-C-SPC to restore the previous region before
continuing to extend it further.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/