Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-trunk-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/faces.el
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:03:23 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Pfeiffer) writes:
> And you forgot sticky space and soft hyphen, which now again look
> identical to their non-special counterparts.

It is important to highlight no-break spaces and soft hyphens.
I had several problems caused by space-looking no-break spaces
(?\xa0 and ?\x8a0) accidentally typed with AltGr-SPC, until I
rebound it to M-SPC in .emacs.

> As for ellipses, there should at least be a simple option. I hate
> it, when some wizardry can't be told apart at first sight.

Highlighted ellipses are useful too.

I think there should be a simple option for turning it on and off
(like e.g. show-trailing-whitespace) with a list of desired glyphs
to highlight.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/