Re: Recent problems with `make bootstrap'.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Recent problems with `make bootstrap'.
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:05:14 +0200

> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 22:19:34 -0600 (CST)
> From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>
>
> Why not revert Revision 1.299 to Makefile.in and get rid of these two
> xref's pointing nowhere and quit wasting people's time?  I have had to
> do that in my private version of Emacs, since otherwise checking the
> manuals would be hopeless.

I agree that ignoring build problems is not a good idea, but I think
that instead of removing invalid xref's (or even arguing about their
usefulness), we should simply write the missing docs.  Until the
missing docs are written (assuming that the 1.30 change is reverted),
you can work around the problem by saying

        make MAKEINFO='makeinfo --force'