Re: Usage of FOR-RELEASE [WAS: Deliberate breaking of bootstrapping in l

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Usage of FOR-RELEASE [WAS: Deliberate breaking of bootstrapping in locals.texi; WAS: Bootstrap failure; WAS: Can not build lispref info]
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:40:33 -0500

I installed the fix so that problems building manuals won't make
a build fail.  I thought I had installed it before.

I don't mind using FOR-RELEASE to record these things, but it is
ridiculous to argue that there's something wrong with xrefs to
nowhere, merely because the build setup doesn't handle them right.
Who's the master, us or the build setup?  So I have started to fix it.