Re: behavior of vc-recompute-state in combination with vc-cvs-stay-local

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: behavior of vc-recompute-state in combination with vc-cvs-stay-local is t
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:08:01 +0100

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 17:31 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

> 4. Running (vc-recompute-state "/a/file/under/remote-repository-CVS/file.txt")
>    ==> returns always nil, because the state-binding in the vc-cvs-state is
>        always nil for that file.

The code was simply based on the assumption that vc-recompute-state
would only be called for files that are already visited.  In this case,
vc-state can never be nil because we compute it at visiting time
already.

I've changed this now and moved vc-recompute-state into vc-hooks.el.  It
should always return a valid state now.