Re: help with URL module needed

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: help with URL module needed
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:01:10 +0200

Hmm...

I think I found a bug in URL module that _might_ be related to the weird problem
I'm experiencing.

My `url-cookie-storage' variable has cookies listed for my *proxy domain*, not
(ru|en).wikipedia.org!  As the result, the cookies are not sent, as URL module
seems to correctly compare domains (i.e. it doesn't compare with the proxy.)

Can you please look at this?

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> writes:
> > Can you maybe help me indirectly?  Do you know how I could catch a
> > request that is sent by one of the browsers?  (I have Konqueror, Mozilla
> > and Lynx here, but all quite old.)  Maybe there is a generic way to log
> > everything sent by HTTP?
>
> For example tcpdump, ethereal, or a transparent proxy.

Thanks.

In case anyone is interested, this way of dumping requests seems particularly
easy (for localhost only): use tcputils
(ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/unix/tcputils/)
and do

        tcplisten 80

Then all you need is to hack the <form action="..." ...> a little to make it
send the request to 127.0.0.1.

Paul