Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 78

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 78
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:25:56 +0100

But I looked at config.bat, and it didn't seem as there where any
way to build Emacs without djecho:

Perhaps some of the recent changes screwed the v1.x build (I last
tried to build with v1.x several years ago, and I'm not even sure it
will build now), but adding more such problems is hardly the way to
treat that ;-)

No, that is true. But now there is another problem. Either v1.x doesn't build because of older changes, or it does not build because of my changes. The question is then should v1 be declared unsupported (in which case I think config.bat should exit with an appropriate message) or the code changed for v1 so Emacs does build?

        Jan D.