Re: two patches for the Makefiles

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: two patches for the Makefiles
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:55:31 +0100

Han Boetes wrote:
Jan D. wrote:

Han Boetes wrote:

This patch causes that make install doesn't relink emacs
before installing emacs.

Does this happen on any other Emacs variant than GTK for you?
I've added a different fix for GTK.

Ehm this happens on GNU as well as on OpenBSD, with or without X.

Reproduction is easy: after a succesfull make run make install and
you'll see that emacs is linked again.

Lots of files are installed for a second time like the DOC file
and emacs-21.3.50.x and emacs-21.3.50.x+1

Sorry, this just doesn't happen for me with a current CVS. I tried Lucid, GTK, no toolit, and no X. Nothing gets relinked or regenerated on a make install after a successful make.

If you have GNU make you could check why make thinks it needs to relink Emacs with 'make --debug=b'.

        Jan D.