Odd CVS build behavior under GNU/Linux

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Odd CVS build behavior under GNU/Linux
Date: 09 Nov 2004 01:32:46 -0500

g.e.d,
 After figuring out how to enable the wi-fi card under Fedora Core 3,
 I pulled down the CVS and, eventually, got a clean build.
 For some reason, I got 'invalid coding system' until I put
 (load "international/utf-8") ahead of
 (load "international/mule-cmds")
 in loadup.el.  Emacs hated the mule-utf-8 coding, somehow.
 Oh, and, I did make distclean, copiously, as I troubleshot.
 It was a good introduction to the source tree, though, so at least I
 learned something.
 Party,
Chris