Re: passing arg of `merge_face_heights' makes integer from pointer witho

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: passing arg of `merge_face_heights' makes integer from pointer without a cast
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:43:29 -0500

    passing arg of `merge_face_heights' makes integer from pointer
     without a cast
    Sender: address@hidden

    I'm getting numerous warnings of the kind mentioned in the subject when
    compiling xface.c.  I can't see how that can work at all given that GCPRO
    is passed a value that is actually not a Lisp_Object.

It makes no sense to GCPRO something that really contains a struct
named_merge_point *.  In addition, this value isn't really used
in merge_face_heights, so why pass it at all?

That structure looks like something for which cons cells would work,
so why not use cons cells?