Re: autoload failure

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: autoload failure
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:10:33 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I do not know the limitations here since I have no clear picture of the
> bootstrap process yet, but could not w32-fns.el be explicitly loaded on w32?
> What we are talking about is maybe only one call in lisp\makefile:

It is quite early in the bootstrap process and I don't know how many
dependancies w32-fns.el will pull in, and whether Emacs is ready to
load those dependencies before the autoloads file is generated.

You are welcome to try though.

> I believe that with a small change in convert-standard-filename we could
> also make it possible to use MSYS to build Emacs. (Just look for

Does MSYS fail at the same point? (It fails right at the start for me,
so I think there is more work than just that).