Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:37:58 -0400

> Is the approach in the attached patch OK?  I generate a list with the
> objects used to build Emacs and in Snarf-documentation I compare the files
> in DOC with that list.  If not in that list, those sections in DOC
> are skipped.

I think instead that the docstring should be the same no matter what system
I'm running on.  If the behavior is not quite the same, either the docstring
should be general enough to describe the common part, or it should include
a discussion of the possible differences on various platforms.

This way I can write code on GNU/Linux and be warned if I'm using things
that might work differently on some other system.

        Stefan