RE: NT mingw/msys build problem

From: Fred Kunz
Subject: RE: NT mingw/msys build problem
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:07:34 -0700

Release version of emacs 21.3 builds fine with MinGW
(http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml) and GNUWin32
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html) fileutils. The CVS
version also builds and if you want image support you also need to
install the GNUWin32 image libraries. NOTE: You need to make sure the
image library dlls are in your path when you run emacs if you build with
the image libraries. I currently use GNU make 3.80 and gcc 3.4 but I
have also build both the release and the CVS versions of EMACS with GNU
make 3.79 and numerous earlier version of GCC.

Guy if you or anyone else needs more details they can be provided.