Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Some findings and suggestion about Emacs on w32
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:12:50 +0530

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:29:33 +0200, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
> Guy Gascoigne-Piggford <address@hidden> writes:
> If using TCP, accept 127.0.0.1 and nothing else (for now).
>

> > This looks like it deals with the security issue on a single user
> > machine, but still leaves things open on a multi user one.
>
> Right.  Stefan proposed a solution with a secret key that should be
> exchanged between client and server; you would need to put that key
> into a file that can only be read by the user.

For anyone interested, I have a crude implementation of a secret key
concept which was the outcome of my earlier discussion on the mailing
list. I can send the small lisp code I wrote which creates a new emacs
server (lisp) and a lisp client code which can be excuted by emacs in
batch mode (not a good solution though but just a proof of concept).

I have a link to it:
http://schemer.fateback.com/pub/emacs/emacsserver.el

with best regards,
dhruva