Re: Suggested change to man/makefile.w32-in

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Suggested change to man/makefile.w32-in
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:04:49 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> : Is there still a problem with msys if you remove the ifeq line above?
>
> Yes, multi-install-info.bat is treated as a sh script by MSYS (and that does
> not work very well).

Then it is msys sh that is broken. Even Cygwin bash knows how to run
Windows BAT files.

I think there is already a note in nt/INSTALL that you may need to run
make as "make SHELL=cmd.exe", so I don't think we need to to
anything. I don't want to put lots of conditionals in the makefile to
cope with all the broken ports of Posix shells that have ever been
ported to Windows.