Re: how-many/count-matches for non-interactive use

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: how-many/count-matches for non-interactive use
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:49:06 -0400

Thanks for looking at many uses of interactive-p.  You found three
files that have the sort of bugs I was worried about.

The examples of ibuf-menu.el and allout.el (and, to a lesser extent,
of indent.el) show that the lack of complaints about problems using a
certain command in a macro is no proof it doesn't misuse
interactive-p.

The other commands that use it may indeed be correct.  But we have no
evidence about it, except from checking their code.