Re: Building info on ms windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Building info on ms windows
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:41:58 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have without much problem built Emacs on ms windows with MinGW+MSYS (there
> are some problems which I will report later). However I can't build info. If
> I read the makefiles correctly I need makeinfo.exe from Texinfo. I tried to
> build this from Texinfo sources, but without success. Any suggestions?

I had not been able to find a version of Texinfo recent enough to
build the Emacs manuals with last time I looked, but your mail
persuaded me it was worth another try. gnuwin32.sourceforge.net now
has a precompiled 4.6. I just changed the makefile.w32-in for man and
lispref to work around a bug it has with command-line order.