Re: feedback on customize -- apropos-groups et al

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: feedback on customize -- apropos-groups et al
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:16:36 -0400

    How do I find information about customize groups? How do I find information
    about the organization of customize itself?

M-x customize RET shows you information about customize groups.
The top of the Custom buffer has a Help link to the manual's description.

    3. I don't know the policy on accessibility or platform compatibility, but I
    wonder if it wouldn't be possible to have a version of the Info section on
    customize that reflects the UI on a window system?

I don't understand.

    4. As to customize itself, it would be clearer if buttons that acted only as
    links looked like links. Buttons should be reserved for real _actions_. Too
    many buttons(!) -- most of which are not. Also, instead of having this:

How should a link look?