Re: dired-view-command-alist

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: dired-view-command-alist
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:51:54 +0200

Reinhard Kotucha <address@hidden> writes:

> Furthermore, I think that "[ghostcript]" should be displayed only
> after you pressed "!" and should disappear as soon as you press the
> <up> key.

I think the now-standard way for providing a "default" value is to
make it accessible via M-n.  Perhaps dired could make several commands
accessible via M-n?  M-n once would get the default one, M-n twice
would get the next one and so on.

Another idea is to provide "ghostscript" as the default contents of
the minibuffer, ready for editing.

What do people think?

Kai