Re: dired-view-command-alist

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: dired-view-command-alist
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:00:52 +0300

Reinhard Kotucha <address@hidden> writes:
> Furthermore, I think that "[ghostcript]" should be displayed only
> after you pressed "!" and should disappear as soon as you press the
> <up> key.

Just use minibuffer-electric-default-mode.

However, it doesn't work correctly with the current dired-x prompt
due to its non-standard syntax.  minibuffer-electric-default-mode
changes this prompt:

! on * [3 files]: {3 guesses} [ghostview]

into

! on *

i.e. it deletes everything between the first and the last bracket.

I think with omitting the useless number of guesses, the prompt
should look like:

! on * (3 files) [ghostview]:

or

! on * {3 files} (default ghostview):