Re: [rmail-mbox-branch]: mail-utils

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [rmail-mbox-branch]: mail-utils
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:47:42 -0400

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:38:54PM +0200, Alexander Pohoyda wrote:
> The gnus/rfc2047.el file contains something like this:
>
>  (require 'mm-util)
>  ;; Fixme: Avoid this (used for mail-parse-charset) mm dependence on gnus.
>  (require 'mail-prsvr)
>  (require 'base64)
>  (autoload 'mm-body-7-or-8 "mm-bodies")
>
> and I decided that I better not merge pure RFC-defined functionality
> with GNUS-specific functions.

The mm- stuff seems not to be intended to be gnus-specific, but rather
general-purpose code for handling mime that happens to be developed as part
of gnus.

There are probably a few dependencies on gnus that have crept in, but I
presume these could be excised.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche