Curious about splash screen - where copyright is from?

From: Cheng Gao
Subject: Curious about splash screen - where copyright is from?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 01:51:21 +0800

Using CVS Emacs, I found one thing is annoying. Splash screen
(Help->About Emacs) shows

So to please my eyes, I decided to get it updated.

My investigation shows it should from lisp/startup.el, so I changed all
occurences of 2002 to 2004.

If I bytecompile and load startup.el, the splash screen shows as I
expected.

But if I close Emacs, then start it, and splash screen still shows
'2002'. So it should be from another file. Just did simple grep and I
can not find where.

Anybody can get me wiser?

TIA,

CG