Re: SEGV in enable_glyph_matrix_rows

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: SEGV in enable_glyph_matrix_rows
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:41:44 +0200

On Fri, Sep 24 2004, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Can you investigate the data structure in this matrix that
> is being cleared, and see what's invalid in it?
> The backtrace suggests nothing except that you need to look
> at that data.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with debugging C programs.  I don't know which
data I need to look at and how (although I have read etc/DEBUG).
Unless someone can tell me what to type at the gdb prompt, I'm afraid
I cannot give more useful information.

Maybe I already did something wrong by using `pr' here:

(gdb) p matrix
$1 = (struct glyph_matrix *) 0x9010000
(gdb) pr

Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
0x4070b3a8 in write () from /lib/libc.so.6
The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called from GDB.
GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on"
Evaluation of the expression containing the function (debug_print) will be
abandoned.
(gdb) xtype
Argument to arithmetic operation not a number or boolean.
(gdb) p matrix
No symbol "matrix" in current context.

Bye, Reiner.
--