Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:48:05 +0200

>     The nested blocks example:
>
>     The critical point here are the borders.
>
> I don't recall seeing this nested blocks example.
> Was it buried in the epos code you sent?  I am too overloaded
> to read all that code; if you could describe the example
> in a more readable way, I could understand I guess.

It is not in wp-example.el; I have never implemented it, I have only
played with the thought how it could be implemented.  The nested
blocks example was part of the HTML document that I sent in response
to Eli.  Here is the relevant part:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii" ?>
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
  <head>
    <title>Lirum larum</title>
      div.lirum {
                  margin: 5ex 10ex 5ex 10ex;
                  padding: 5ex 10ex 5ex 10ex;
                  background: purple;
                  border-style: solid;
                  border-width: medium;
                  border-color: black;
                }
      div.larum {
                  margin: 3ex 2ex 3ex 2ex;
                  padding: 3ex 2ex 3ex 2ex;
                  background: gray;
                  border-style: dashed;
                  border-color: black;
                  border-width: medium;
                }
  </head>
        Some text.
        Some other text.

When rendered by a graphical, CSS2-enabled browser, you'll see two
paragraphs on a gray background sourounded by a dashed border.  Those
two paragraphs are again contained in a larger paragraph on a purple
background surounded by a solid border.

    Oliver
--
Oliver Scholz               Jour des Récompenses de l'Année 212 de la Révolution
Ostendstr. 61               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!