Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 01:49:22 -0400

[ Note; I'm pretty happy with Emacs's current word-processing facilities
  right now and don't see any need for it to develop into yet-another
  WYSIWYG thingy, so I'm generally not too intereted in this thread,
  especially since I don't see anyone actually working on an implementation
  of what you're talking about. ]

I just think that WhyzzyTeX is also an interesting design point: you get to
edit the deep representation (which, AFAIC, is not "just the disk format"
but is the format where I can expresss my *intents*, i.e. where I can
distinguish between two concepts even if they happen to be rendered
identically on the currently used output mode), while seeing the typeset
output "on the fly".

        Stefan