Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:34:45 +0200

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> (If the latter, you should be able to look at the same HTML encoded
> buffer in several different modes in different windows:  in W3 mode,
> in HTML Helper mode, and in whatever minor mode `find-file-literally'
> uses.)

I think there is room for some niftiness here.  When working with a
document in what you call the surface expression, then it would be
nice, if a command toggle would show what you call the deep
representation of a paragraph (a block box) or a region.  Then you
could make changes to that and issue the command again to get the
updated surface representation.

This would extent the editing model of `preview-latex' to file formats
like HTML.  With the difference that the "surface expression" is not
just a preview, but also editable, just by different means.

This is just an idea that has sprung to my mind one day.  I have not
pursued this thought.  There might be problems, I don't know.

    Oliver
--
Oliver Scholz               Jour du Travail de l'Année 212 de la Révolution
Ostendstr. 61               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!