Re: nndb.el requires tcp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: nndb.el requires tcp
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:21:55 -0400

nndb.el seems to be a part of Gnus.  Is it considered a current
and useful package by the Gnus developers?

To: address@hidden
From: Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:05:25 +0200
Sender: address@hidden

Perhaps nndb.el should be marked as obsolete in some way.

Perhaps it could be included in the contrib directory in the Gnus
tarball, and omitted from Emacs.

nndb.el talks to a server called nndb (by John Heideman I believe?),
and I think that piece of Perl code isn't easy to find, anymore.  Is
there anyone actually using this?

What do people think?

Kai