Re: GREP_OPTIONS again

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: GREP_OPTIONS again
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:00:09 -0400

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 12:51:09AM -0400, Stefan wrote:
> I just bumped into a bad side-effect of the GREP_OPTIONS thingy:
> I grepped for MM and then isearched for `MM (', knowing full well there had
> to be a match but it didn't find anything.

How's this GREP_OPTIONS thing supposed to work anyway?  I noticed that my
*grep* buffer's recently have all kinds of extraneous crap in them, which
seems to be escape sequences, so grep is apparently trying to highlight
things, and emacs isn't groking it.

[I think it's pretty moronic that grep has colors turned on by default in the
first place, but that's a flame for a different mailing list.]

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!