RE: gdb-ui can't handle mutiple debugging sessions

From: Zoltan Kemenczy
Subject: RE: gdb-ui can't handle mutiple debugging sessions
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:22:02 -0400

Another example where multiple debugging sessions are used is concurrent java /
c debugging.

In this case a java application (debuggee 1) at some point loads one of the
native code extensions (shared library, DLL (debugee 2).  The trouble here is
that, because the native code runs from a shared library, one has to stop the
java application just after the DLL had been loaded (jdb), and then attach to
the native code process using gdb to set breakpoints.  While debugging the
native code, the jdb session is active and waiting for the native code to
return control...  This can't be performed in a serial fashion.

Regards,
Zoltan Kemenczy