Re: Weird build problem

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: Weird build problem
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:53:21 -0200

>     I think I tracked it down.  This (might) be because the
>     loop that adds subdirectories to load path uses `dolist'
>     macro, which is defined in `cl-macs.el', which (at the
>     time the loop is evaluated) is not in the load path.
>     Phew... ;)
>
> Why doesn't it get the dolist macro from subr.el?
> That is what it is supposed to get.

No idea.  In any case I managed to compile Emacs by editing
`EMACSLOADPATH' in `lisp/Makefile'.  After I have installed
the first version, it compiles fine even without that (i.e.
I can run `configure' and then compile).

Before I only had Emacs 21.2 (from Red Hat 8.0 distribution)
installed.  Not sure if this matters.

Paul