Re: New Function vc-annotate-chosen-revision - PATCH

From: jbyler+emacs-lists
Subject: Re: New Function vc-annotate-chosen-revision - PATCH
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:30:11 -0400

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:22:24 -0400, "Stefan" <address@hidden>
said:
> >> But C-u C-x v g does basically just that, no?
>
> > Well, C-u C-x v g does a similar thing but in a different context:
> > it lets you annotate a chosen revision of the file in the current
> > buffer. My new function lets you annotate a chosen revision of the
> > file *annotated* in the current buffer.
>
> But C-u C-x v g does basically just that (except that it *also* works
> in non-annotated buffers, and it doesn't give the same default in the
> prompt, and it's bound to a different key), doesn't it?

My apologies, you're right.  I guess I assumed C-u C-x v g wouldn't work
in an annotation buffer, but since it does, my new function seems a
little less useful.

I will still use vc-annotate-chosen-version because I can cut down on
keystrokes by binding it to a single key in vc-annotate-mode-map (easily
- no prefix arg needed), and emacs users who don't know elisp might
appreciate this too.  But if the consensus is that it's not generally
useful enough to be included in emacs, I'll just keep it in my own
.emacs file.

Thanks,
-Jesse