Re: Rmail mbox-format branch

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Rmail mbox-format branch
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:45:38 +0200

> Rmail is the primary Emacs mail-reader.  I don't know how many people
> currently use it, but I will ignore any suggestion to treat it as
> unimportant.

I didn't imply that I think RMAIL is unimportant -- quite the contrary.

If we don't have enough users test the mbox branch, we _risk_ breaking
RMAIL support in 21.4.  So if we are not confident RMAIL with mbox
will be fully tested in 21.4, we better delay it to 22.1

But if you say we should have the new rmail in 21.4, we should merge
it now, so it can receive maximum testing.