Re: Gnus 5.10 is now on the trunk

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gnus 5.10 is now on the trunk
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:22:09 -0400

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:58:29PM +0200, Reiner Steib wrote:
> > One thing that comes to mind is that the Gnus image files were moved
> > from etc/ to lisp/gnus/, and it's possible that some code is still
> > looking for them in the old location.
>
> I have placed the new (or changed) images in lisp/gnus/.  This is the
> location where most images lived before the merge (i.e. in Gnus 5.9).
>
> But I think it would be better to move the files lisp/gnus/*.[px][bp]m
> to etc/gnus/ [1] and etc/smilies/ [2].  Currently, the smilies images
> aren't found.

We should come up with some sort of consistent rule for where lisp-package
image files go -- currently it seems kinda random: some packages
(e.g. toolbar) put their images in the lisp directory with the code, some
(previously gnus, and currently only "tree-widget") put them in etc/.

If they're to go in etc/, it would be nice if they went in to a sub-hierarchy
that strictly mirrored the correspodning lisp dirs, to make them easier to
find (for a hacker, not for the code :-).

-Miles
--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'