Re: small Eshell docfix

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: small Eshell docfix
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:19:02 -0700

> It seems \ is a better default, makes the GNU system more coherent
> overall.  I think people will get used to the change.

I have always thought one of Emacs' best selling points was that it
provides a consistent environment across nearly all operating systems.
That, at least, was a huge draw for me: I can start up Emacs on
Windows, without modification, and lose none of its functionality.

The change you are proposing takes the emphasis away from Emacs, and
puts it on GNU/Linux.  Since we are talking about Emacs, why all the
hoopla about GNU/Linux?

I chose the defaults I did so that Eshell would behave similarly on
all platforms.  I ask that you please not change such an excellent
design philosophy now.

John