Re: Fast completion with visible cue?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fast completion with visible cue?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:13:46 -0400

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:06:22AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Find File: ~/pro[CURSOR]ects/src/foo/doc/drafts/template/help.txt
> >
> > where CURSOR isn't shown verbatim, but indicate where the cursor is,
> > and the latter part of the string is displayed in a light gray color
> > but the earlier part of the string is in black.
>
> What about previous-complete-history-element?

Yup; I've got that bound to "M-[" in the minibuffer, and it rocks.

For cases where you want to recall something "by (non-prefix) name" just
using minibuffer history search (M-r) is also very useful.

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.